Sunday, February 15, 2009

Speechless.

In this, may lie my answer. Thanks to Wordle, and T-Clog, who hepped me to the scene.

10 comments:

C.F. Bear said...

Beautiful! How did you get it to copy to your blog in a large format?

Dan said...

Maybe someone else knows an easier trick, but this is what I usually do in such instances - when, for some reason or another, someone on the web doesn't allow you to just right-click and "save as" on an image:

1.Hold in “control” while pushing “Prt Scrn” (print screen). The whole screen is now copied to your clipboard.

2.Open up MS Paint (Go to the Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint)

3.Hold in “control” and hit “v” for paste (or choose “paste” from the “edit” menu. What was on your clipboard should now be in MS Paint, but you want to get rid of everything except the specific image you want.

4.Choose the dotted rectangle and draw a rectangle shape around the image you want. Then go to “edit” and choose “copy to” to allow you to save it out as a bitmap image.

Voila!

C.F. Bear said...

you are a portal of wisdom.

Pat said...

I'm proud to be included, at the same level of importance as Horse.

Stephen Cummings said...

Could you also, using the "print screen" funtion, simply crop and save as a .jpg file? I will try to do this later.

Fascinating, BTW.

C.F. Bear said...

We had a professional development on Friday, and this literacy guru went through a bunch of sites for teachers to use in teaching literacy. They want us to use more technology in our classrooms. I would be happy to if they give me some technology. Should I have my class gather around my desk computer to see something in Wordle? Wordle was one of those sites shown to us.

My new school will have active boards which will allow me to do amazing things in the classroom. Their idea of technology now is an overhead.

Pat said...

God help the children exposed to TClog's amazing technology.

Dan said...

Stephen: You may not save out of "Paint" to .jpeg, but there may be another application that will allow you to. Or you could just convert it from .bmp to .jpeg, after the fact I've not usually found that necessary.

T-Clog: My company has a huge education grant thing for technology in the classroom. You're pretty adept at the whole grantwriting thing, are you not? With the demographics of your school, I think you'd be in a pretty good position for getting some $$$ I could forward you some info...

Overall rumination: I love that Wordle somehow converts your text into a font that looks like our own dear Gibby's handwriting.

Mighty Tom said...

really cool application!

a word cloud. ..

cool!

C.F. Bear said...

I got your posting directions down and it worked well for me.